Caramel Nut Tart Recipe | National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- Tart Dough
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups All purpose flour
Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for three minutes on medium speed.
Add the yolks, one at a time. Scrape down the side of the bowl between each addition.
Add the flour and mix until just combined.
Form into a disc and double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour but preferably over night.
Roll out the dough to 1/8th of an inch thickness. Grease the inside of a tart ring or form. Line the inside of the ring, making sure there are no cracks or holes. Place in the freezer to chill for twenty minutes.
Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minute until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing for tart ring.
- 2 Cups of walnuts, toasted and chopped roughly
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp Salt.
In a medium saucepan, caramelize the sugar until it is medium amber in color.
Slowly and carefully add the cream to hot sugar, stirring constantly. Return mixture to a boil , then reduce heat to simmer for 7 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter, piece by piece whilst whisking.
Spread the nuts out in the prepared tart shell and pour caramel over until the tart shell is full. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set, 4 to 6 hours.
Serve caramel nut tart with some chocolate sauce, fresh banana and whipped cream.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 22 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say 51 min ago
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox 35 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds