Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe | National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- 9 oz Chocolate
- 9 oz milk
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 tbl cocoa powder
- 8 oz cream.
- 1/4 cup of your favorite bourbon / brandy.
Combine milk, cream, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a pot. Bring to a boil for two minutes, whisking constantly.
Remove from heat and add chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute before whisking. Make sure the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated. Add the bourbon / brandy.
Pour into a glass and top with loosely whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: 2 males found dead in South Side residence
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park 30 min ago
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house 3 min ago
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches 36 min ago
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway 51 min ago
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake