Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe | National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- 9 oz Chocolate
- 9 oz milk
- 1/4 C Light brown sugar
- 2 tbl cocoa powder
- 8 oz cream.
- 1/4 cup of your favorite bourbon / brandy.
Combine milk, cream, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a pot. Bring to a boil for two minutes, whisking constantly.
Remove from heat and add chocolate. Allow to sit for a minute before whisking. Make sure the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated. Add the bourbon / brandy.
Pour into a glass and top with loosely whipped cream or marshmallows.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 47 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 10 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont 20 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
47 min ago
- 2014 International Home + Housewares Show
51 min ago