Cape Codder Cookies
From Chapter 10 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions: 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar using electric mixer. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cream.
3) Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the butter mixture, approximately one cup at a time. Beat just until combined.
4) Add cranberries and chocolate chips. Stir to distribute evenly.
5) Drop heaping teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet with room to spread. Bake 10 to 13 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then move to a wire rack. Makes approximately 50 cookies
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits