Cape Codder Cookies
From Chapter 10 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions: 1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar using electric mixer. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cream.
3) Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the butter mixture, approximately one cup at a time. Beat just until combined.
4) Add cranberries and chocolate chips. Stir to distribute evenly.
5) Drop heaping teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet with room to spread. Bake 10 to 13 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, then move to a wire rack. Makes approximately 50 cookies
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 57 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 17 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado 33 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 27 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 18 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home