North Star Blueberry Muffins
From Chapter 19 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Prepare streusel as directed below. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well.
4) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk, sour cream and vanilla. Mix just until fully combined.
5) Gently fold in the blueberries.
6) For oversized muffins, fill each muffin cup nearly to the top. Sprinkle generously with streusel topping (see below).
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the top of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then move to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, chopped into small cubes.
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions: Combine all ingredients and process with quick pulses in a food processor, until mixture has consistency of thick crumbs. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins, as directed above.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home