North Star Blueberry Muffins
From Chapter 19 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Prepare streusel as directed below. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well.
4) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk, sour cream and vanilla. Mix just until fully combined.
5) Gently fold in the blueberries.
6) For oversized muffins, fill each muffin cup nearly to the top. Sprinkle generously with streusel topping (see below).
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the top of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then move to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, chopped into small cubes.
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions: Combine all ingredients and process with quick pulses in a food processor, until mixture has consistency of thick crumbs. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins, as directed above.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 40 min ago
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash 23 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth 59 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
40 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for...
59 min ago