North Star Blueberry Muffins
From Chapter 19 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Prepare streusel as directed below. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well.
4) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk, sour cream and vanilla. Mix just until fully combined.
5) Gently fold in the blueberries.
6) For oversized muffins, fill each muffin cup nearly to the top. Sprinkle generously with streusel topping (see below).
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the top of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then move to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, chopped into small cubes.
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions: Combine all ingredients and process with quick pulses in a food processor, until mixture has consistency of thick crumbs. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins, as directed above.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 53 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant