North Star Blueberry Muffins
From Chapter 19 of THE SWEETNESS OF FORGETTING A novel by Kristin Harmel
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Prepare streusel as directed below. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well.
4) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with the milk, sour cream and vanilla. Mix just until fully combined.
5) Gently fold in the blueberries.
6) For oversized muffins, fill each muffin cup nearly to the top. Sprinkle generously with streusel topping (see below).
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the top of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then move to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup very cold butter, chopped into small cubes.
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions: Combine all ingredients and process with quick pulses in a food processor, until mixture has consistency of thick crumbs. Sprinkle over unbaked muffins, as directed above.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 39 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Family Party
20 min ago