Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
October 26, 2012 -- Chef Andrew Zimmerman of Sepia restaurant in Chicago's West Loop shares some favorite fall recipes.
- 4lbs pumpkin, diced
- 1lb onion, sliced
- 1.5 oz ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- One bunch cilantro stems, tied with twine
- 3.5 ltr coconut milk
- 1/2-1 oz red curry paste
- 1/2-1 oz fish sauce
- 4-5 oz brown sugar
Water and salt as needed
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot. Sweat the onion and ginger in the oil. Add the red curry paste and sauté to release its aroma. Add the squash, cilantro stems and the coconut milk. Cook until tender. Remove the cilantro and puree the soup.
Strain the soup and season with the fish sauce, brown sugar and salt. Thin the soup with water as needed.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 47 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves...
47 min ago