Chef Derek's Pheasant Crespella
October 28, 2012 -- A recipe from Derek Simcik, executive chef of Atwood Cafe.
2 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
1 1/2 lbs confit pheasant (roasted chicken or duck confit can be used as substitutes)
1 lemon juice/zest
1/8 cup thyme chopped
1/8 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
1 Tb celery salt
1 Tb garlic powder
1 Tb onion powder
1/2 Tb nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Take the thyme and parsley and mince them up.
Add the ricotta and pheasant confit.
Mix all together.
Take the juice and zest of two lemons and add to the mix.
Add all other ingredients, and fold them in to the mix.
5/8 cup flour
1 cup whole milk
1/8 lb butter (browned)
1 Tb salt
1 Tb sugar
Start with the butter and add it to a warm pan. Cook until it starts to turn a light brown and there is a light nutty smell.
Take it off the heat and set aside.
In a bowl combine dry ingredients, add eggs and milk to dry ingredients while mixing together.
Whisk in the brown butter.
Take a small ladle and some batter to a small nonstick pan, then swirl the batter around to coat the pan and make a thin crepe.
Repeat until you run out of batter.
Take 2 oz of the filling and wrap in the crespella like a pouch. Sear each "pouch" for 30 seconds in a cast iron pan and place in a 400 degree oven for 8 minutes or until center is warm. Serve with chopped apples or cranberry compote.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home