Chef Derek's Pheasant Crespella
October 28, 2012 -- A recipe from Derek Simcik, executive chef of Atwood Cafe.
2 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
1 1/2 lbs confit pheasant (roasted chicken or duck confit can be used as substitutes)
1 lemon juice/zest
1/8 cup thyme chopped
1/8 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
1 Tb celery salt
1 Tb garlic powder
1 Tb onion powder
1/2 Tb nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Take the thyme and parsley and mince them up.
Add the ricotta and pheasant confit.
Mix all together.
Take the juice and zest of two lemons and add to the mix.
Add all other ingredients, and fold them in to the mix.
5/8 cup flour
1 cup whole milk
1/8 lb butter (browned)
1 Tb salt
1 Tb sugar
Start with the butter and add it to a warm pan. Cook until it starts to turn a light brown and there is a light nutty smell.
Take it off the heat and set aside.
In a bowl combine dry ingredients, add eggs and milk to dry ingredients while mixing together.
Whisk in the brown butter.
Take a small ladle and some batter to a small nonstick pan, then swirl the batter around to coat the pan and make a thin crepe.
Repeat until you run out of batter.
Take 2 oz of the filling and wrap in the crespella like a pouch. Sear each "pouch" for 30 seconds in a cast iron pan and place in a 400 degree oven for 8 minutes or until center is warm. Serve with chopped apples or cranberry compote.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 37 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Tim McGraw surprises Orland Park veterans
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
37 min ago
- Mole de Mayo Festival
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos