Let's Dish: Andouille Sweet Potato Stuffing
November 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- When people think of stuffing, they think of oyster stuffing or maybe sage and pork stuffing, but how about Andouille sausage and sweet potato stuffing?
Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, has a recipe for non-traditional stuffing that takes its cue from Cajun flavors. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (http://livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Andouille Sweet Potato Stuffing
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 peeled sweet potato, cut into small dice (approx. 2 ½ cups)
1 pound Andouille sausage, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
21 slices stale white or whole wheat bread, diced
4 slices stale pumpernickel, diced
3 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth plus additional broth if stuffing is too dry
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and sweet potato and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Add the diced bread, chicken broth and parsley to the sausage mixture and gently combine so that you avoid breaking up the bread. Correct seasoning with salt and pepper. Fold in the eggs.
5. Spoon stuffing into a buttered 13 X 9 baking dish and bake until the stuffing reaches 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer, approximately 45 minutes.
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case merge, police say 24 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office 33 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute 59 min ago
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Riverdale body, Chicago missing girl case...
24 min ago