Let's Dish: Andouille Sweet Potato Stuffing
November 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- When people think of stuffing, they think of oyster stuffing or maybe sage and pork stuffing, but how about Andouille sausage and sweet potato stuffing?
Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, has a recipe for non-traditional stuffing that takes its cue from Cajun flavors. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (http://livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Andouille Sweet Potato Stuffing
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 peeled sweet potato, cut into small dice (approx. 2 ½ cups)
1 pound Andouille sausage, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
21 slices stale white or whole wheat bread, diced
4 slices stale pumpernickel, diced
3 ½ cups low sodium chicken broth plus additional broth if stuffing is too dry
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and sweet potato and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sausage and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Add the diced bread, chicken broth and parsley to the sausage mixture and gently combine so that you avoid breaking up the bread. Correct seasoning with salt and pepper. Fold in the eggs.
5. Spoon stuffing into a buttered 13 X 9 baking dish and bake until the stuffing reaches 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer, approximately 45 minutes.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute 51 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL 41 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building 34 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity 56 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side 55 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee 39 min ago
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
24 min ago
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
51 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from...
41 min ago
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up...
39 min ago