Sweet Potato Quesadilla
Makes 6 quesadillas, cut into 5 pieces, serving 30 samples
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups roasted and mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup cubed roasted turkey or a ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch salt
Saute the onion in the olive oil until softened and golden brown. Add the cumin and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sweet potato and cook for an additional minute. Cool slightly. Spread the pumpkin onto the tortillas and top with cheese and turkey. Cook in a non-stick skillet on both sides until golden brown. Serve warm.
Mix together the sour cream, lime juice and salt. Serve with the quesadillas.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 21 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse 47 min ago
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'