Cajun Burgers: Let's Dish
For a new twist on the burger, try this recipe that brings a Cajun twist to the standard classic. Chris Koetke, host of ''Let's Dish'' on the Live Well Network.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- Creole mustard
- Tomato slices
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
1. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
2. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples 18 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos