Cajun Burgers: Let's Dish
For a new twist on the burger, try this recipe that brings a Cajun twist to the standard classic. Chris Koetke, host of ''Let's Dish'' on the Live Well Network.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- Creole mustard
- Tomato slices
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
1. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
2. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 22 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 8 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC7 to Go, April 17, 2014
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos