Cajun Burgers: Let's Dish
For a new twist on the burger, try this recipe that brings a Cajun twist to the standard classic. Chris Koetke, host of ''Let's Dish'' on the Live Well Network.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 3/4 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- Creole mustard
- Tomato slices
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
1. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
2. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 12 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 33 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 31 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 16 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 46 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
12 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos