Let's Dish: Pork Tenderloin
December 1, 2012 -- Pork tenderloin has become one of the most popular cuts of meat in this country, but it can lack a little flavor. Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, puts a North African Spice Rub on the outside of it.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network website.
Recipe for Pork Tenderloin with African Spice Rub:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
2 ½ teaspoons sweet paprika
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon powdered saffron
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 ½ garlic cloves, minced
Grated lemon rind from ½ lemon
1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar, don't pack
2 teaspoons salt
2 pork tenderloins (12 - 16 ounces each)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Mix all the spice rub seasonings in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Remove any exterior fat or membranes from the pork tenderloin. Rub the tenderloin with remaining spice rub.
Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. In an ovenproof skillet over high heat, bring the vegetable oil to the smoking point. Place the pork in the pan and sear all sides of the tenderloin until nicely browned, approximately 1 - 2 minutes per side.
5. Roast the pork tenderloin in a 400 degrees F oven for about 25 minutes or until it registers 165° F with an instant read thermometer.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with couscous and harissa (Moroccan spice paste).
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 6 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos