Let's Dish: Beer Mussels
Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, shows us that you can have restaurant quality appetizer, right in your home, with his recipe for beer-steamed mussels!
Serve with some French bread for dipping, and this is a great starter, or for mussel lovers like me, a great main course.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as an appetizer
4 pounds mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
2 small shallots, minced
1 bottle (12 oz.) amber ale
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place shallots, beer, parsley, butter, salt and pepper in a deep saucepan or small stockpot. Mix.
2. Add mussels to the pan, place on high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat, cover and simmer until the mussels just open (4-5 minutes).
3. Remove mussels from the pan and place in deep serving containers. Taste cooking liquid for seasoning. Pour the liquid over the mussels and serve immediately with lots of French bread for dipping.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 21 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 46 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- Chicago remembers radio legend Larry Lujack
3 min ago
- Holiday Shopping Tips from the BBB
19 min ago