Let's Dish: Beer Mussels
Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, shows us that you can have restaurant quality appetizer, right in your home, with his recipe for beer-steamed mussels!
Serve with some French bread for dipping, and this is a great starter, or for mussel lovers like me, a great main course.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 as an appetizer
4 pounds mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
2 small shallots, minced
1 bottle (12 oz.) amber ale
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place shallots, beer, parsley, butter, salt and pepper in a deep saucepan or small stockpot. Mix.
2. Add mussels to the pan, place on high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat, cover and simmer until the mussels just open (4-5 minutes).
3. Remove mussels from the pan and place in deep serving containers. Taste cooking liquid for seasoning. Pour the liquid over the mussels and serve immediately with lots of French bread for dipping.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds