Let's Dish: Leftover turkey Parmentier
The host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, makes a classic entree with some leftovers. His Parmentier, also called a Shepherd's Pie, uses a mixture of sauteed mushrooms mixed with leftover gravy, cooked turkey and Moroccan spices
Using leftovers creatively is a great way to manage the food budget, like our Moroccan Turkey Parmentier
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
1 lb. Button mushrooms, sliced
1 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon coriander
5 cups diced cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups cold or cool gravy
4 cups cool mashed potatoes (if they are too hard to spread, add a small amount of milk stirring into the potatoes gently)
12 green onions, thinly sliced
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1. In a hot sauté pan, sauté mushrooms in butter until the mushrooms are tender. Mix in roasted red peppers, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, paprika and coriander and heat for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, peppers, turkey, and gravy. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Mix mashed potatoes with green onions.
4. Spread mashed potatoes on the top of the turkey mixture. This can be done using a spatula or even your hands. (If the potatoes are very stiff, gently mix in a small amount of milk.)
5. Cover the potatoes with cheese and bread crumbs.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes and until the top is nicely browned and the interior has reached 165 degrees F.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD