Gourmet holiday fudge recipe from Chef Jackie Shen
December 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jackie Shen is a well-known Chicago chef, but she's also a dedicated and caring philanthropist.
For years, chef Shen has been an involved supporter of Esperanza Community Services. Esperanza is an organization in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago that supports children and adults with developmental disabilities to become as independent as possible. One of the many ways chef Shen supports Esperanza is through the organization's annual sale of Esperanza's Gourmet Fudge.
Esperanza's Gourmet Fudge is crafted in small batches according to chef Shen's recipe, which features quality ingredients like Callebaut Belgian chocolate. The fudge is packaged and labeled by Esperanza participants as a way for them to develop vocational skills and stay connected to the community in a meaningful way. The tasty, preservative-free treat makes a thoughtful holiday gift.
Each one-pound box is $14.00, and is available in Original and Pecan. Fudge can be purchased online at EsperanzaCommunity.org (just click on Gift Shop at the top of the page). Or, you can call 312. 243. 6097 x 17 and talk with Anna. Fudge can be shipped or picked up at Esperanza Community Services, located at 520 N. Marshfield (near Grand and Ashland).
All proceeds support Esperanza Community Services.
To place an order: http://esperanzacommunity.org/esperanzas-gourmet-fudge/
Esperanza's Gourmet Fudge (recipe by chef Jackie Shen)
- 8 oz unsweetened callebaut belgian chocolate
- 36 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 12 oz milk chocolate
- 21 oz miniature marshmallows
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 8 cups of sugar
- 2 tb vanilla
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
Spray the cookie sheet with Pam cooking spray. Then put aluminum foil on greased pan and grease aluminum foil with Pam cooking spray.
Mix together butter, evaporated milk, sugar and bring to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, cook to temperature of 220-degrees. Afterwards, put in miniature marshmallows. Melt down marshmallows entirely. Then add in unsweetened Callebaut Belgian chocolate and melt. Next, add in semi-sweet chocolate and melt. Add milk chocolate and melt. Lastly add in 2 vanilla and mix in pecans (optional).
Pour onto cookie sheet. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
Recipe yields 8 lbs. of fudge
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 20 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 59 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 25 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 40 min ago
- 7 in :77