Let's Dish: Holiday Truffles
Making your own holiday confections seems difficult, but it really is not. The Live Well Network's Chris Koetke's truffle suckers will make your seasonal spread sweet and delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
1/2 cup heavy cream
5 Tablespoons cognac
24 sucker sticks
Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 11 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 54 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 10 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 34 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 5 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 21 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 29 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 33 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
11 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
54 min ago