Let's Dish: Corn Fritters
The host of Let's Dish, Chris Koetke, shares his recipe for his take on classic corn cakes, also known as corn fritters
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 9 (2 fritters per person)
2 cups fresh cut corn kernels (approximately 3 ears) or frozen
3 Tablespoons chopped chives
1 large egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons finely ground yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 large egg whites
4 - 5 Tablespoons canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine corn kernels, chives, whole egg, honey, flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the 3 egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Don't over beat or the whites will be hard to fold into the corn mixture.
4. Gently fold the beaten whites into the corn mixture.
5. Add 1 Tablespoon oil to a medium non-stick saute pan over medium low heat.
6. Once the oil is hot, drop a heaping Tablespoon of the batter for each fritter, flattening out a bit. Make batches of 3 fritters at a time. Sauté for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Use a flexible metal spatula to flip the fritters. Add more oil as necessary.
7. Transfer finished fritters to a rack set over a cookie sheet and hold in the oven until all the batches are done.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody...
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand