Let's Dish: North African Crock Pot Stew
Crock pots are a great solution for busy people who still want to cook. Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, makes his easy North African stew that brings together some wonderful flavors for a delicious and unique dish.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 1/2 hours
6 skinless chicken thighs cut into 2'' cubes
3 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
2 cups carrot, peeled and cut into large dice
1 large eggplant (about 5 ½ cups), peeled and cut into large dice
2 zucchini (about 3 ½ cups), halved vertically and cut into1/2" slices
1 head cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
1 cup diced onion
2 14 1/2-oz cans stewed tomatoes
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup dried currants
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
32 oz. vegetable broth
1. Place all the ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high heat for 8 1/2 hours.
3. Place 5 cups of stew in a blender (without the chicken) and puree until smooth.
4. Stir puree mixture into the stew.
5. Serve over couscous.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons minced onion
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup couscous
3 Tablespoons minced green onion
1. In a medium sauce pot, sauté onion in butter until the onion is softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Add broth and couscous. Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let steep for 5 minutes or until the couscous is softened.
3. Stir in green onions and serve.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S.
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 9 min ago
- Four schools spared during final CPS vote
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos