Let's Dish: North African Crock Pot Stew
Crock pots are a great solution for busy people who still want to cook. Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, makes his easy North African stew that brings together some wonderful flavors for a delicious and unique dish.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 1/2 hours
6 skinless chicken thighs cut into 2'' cubes
3 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
2 cups carrot, peeled and cut into large dice
1 large eggplant (about 5 ½ cups), peeled and cut into large dice
2 zucchini (about 3 ½ cups), halved vertically and cut into1/2" slices
1 head cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
1 cup diced onion
2 14 1/2-oz cans stewed tomatoes
1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup dried currants
1 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
32 oz. vegetable broth
1. Place all the ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to mix well.
2. Cover and cook on high heat for 8 1/2 hours.
3. Place 5 cups of stew in a blender (without the chicken) and puree until smooth.
4. Stir puree mixture into the stew.
5. Serve over couscous.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons minced onion
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup couscous
3 Tablespoons minced green onion
1. In a medium sauce pot, sauté onion in butter until the onion is softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
2. Add broth and couscous. Bring to a boil, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let steep for 5 minutes or until the couscous is softened.
3. Stir in green onions and serve.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 31 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 38 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed 6 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 54 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 30 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 16 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death