'The New Old Bar' cocktail recipes from Hearty Boys
December 10, 2012 -- Steve McDonagh and Dan Smith, AKA The Hearty Boys, have put together a collection of 200 great classic cocktail recipes that takes the fear out of entertaining and demystifies the party-throwing experience.
"The New Old Bar" is a how-to manual on bringing mid-century cocktail culture to your home bar. In this book, Steve and Dan reveal the proper tools needed for hosting successful cocktail parties, including information on bar setup, equipment needs and proper shaking and blending techniques.
"The New Old Bar" is available on amazon.com and book stores.
- 2 1/4 ounces Gin
- 1 ounce Elderflower Liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh Lime Juice
- Lime Wheel; thinly sliced (for garnish)
Combine the ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and serve garnished with a floating lime wheel.
Yield: 1 cocktail
Old School Whiskey Sour
- 2 ounces blended whiskey
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Ornage slice and cherry (for garnish)
Combine the ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and serve garnished with a cherry flag (attach the cherry to the orange slice with a toothpick).
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 36 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- 7 in :77
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
36 min ago