Recipe: Crispy chicken thighs
Recipe courtesy of Lettuce Entertain You.
- 6 skin-on, boneless-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12" cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Place the chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, occasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Transfer skillet to oven and cook 8 more minutes. Flip chicken; continue cooking until skin crisps and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate; let rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 19 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 52 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 51 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All