The Sailor's Eggnog Punch
Friday, December 14, 2012
December 15, 2012 (WLS) -- Amanda Puck, style expert and publicist for Milagro and Sailor Jerry, showed us how to use eggnog in a wide range of recipes.
- 10 large, fresh grade AA eggs, separated
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups rum
- 6 tsp. pure almond extract
- 6 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
Garnish: grated nutmeg and allspice
- Separate eggs into two bowls. Beat yolks until stiff, and beat whites with half the sugar until peaks form. Slowly fold whites and yolks together.
- Separately, beat cream with almond extract, vanilla and remaining sugar in a bowl until stiff.
- Slowly fold in cream with egg mixture.
- Add rum and stir gently.
- Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately. Serves 18-20.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 1 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
1 min ago