Friday, December 14, 2012
December 15, 2012 (WLS) -- Amanda Puck, style expert and publicist for Milagro and Sailor Jerry, showed us how to use eggnog in a wide range of recipes.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum separated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300°. Pour graham cracker crumbs into a 6 1/2-in.-diameter springform pan with a rim at least 3 in. high; add butter and stir to mix. Press mixture evenly over bottom and 1/2 in. up side of pan.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down inside of bowl as needed. Beat in flour, brandy, and 1 tsp. nutmeg and ½ tsp cinnamon just until incorporated. Pour into crust-lined pan and bake until small cracks are visible on sides but center jiggles when cake is gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Run a thin-bladed spatula between cheesecake and pan rim. Put cheesecake on a rack and let cool completely. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Remove pan rim. If any moisture has collected on cake, gently blot dry with a paper towel. Cut cake slices with a serrated knife, running knife under hot water and wiping clean after each slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream, tablespoon of rum and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Dollop whipped cream onto cheesecake and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
- Tip: Run a spatula around the inside of the pan just after baking to help the cheesecake firm up without cracking.
(Copyright ©2014 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 13 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 18 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
13 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
40 min ago