Let's Dish: Grilled Portabella Mushrooms with Black Pepper Balsamic Glaze
If you're looking for a great side dish, try my grilled portabella mushrooms with a balsamic black pepper glaze!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes plus marinating time (4 hours)
Serves: 4 as an entrée or 8 as a side
8 large portabella mushroom caps (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
1. Mix olive oil, garlic, sage, salt and pepper together until well mixed. Place marinade and mushrooms in a large baggie. Seal and shake to evenly coat mushrooms. Place in the refrigerator for four hours.
2. Whisk the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and pepper for the glaze together in a small pan. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until dissolved. Whisk into the mixture and bring back to a boil. Set aside.
3. Grill the portabellas gill side down first on high heat. Continue grilling until the mushrooms are cooked through. Brush with pepper balsamic glaze.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash 40 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI 36 min ago
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked 50 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area