Recipe courtesy Good Housekeeping, 2012
Deviled eggs are a great appetizer at parties and this recipe is particularly easy!
12 large eggs
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons very finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill leaves, plus leaves for garnish
Place eggs in 4-quart saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Heat to boiling on high, cover with lid, and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Under running water, peel off shells and discard.
Trim the tops and bottoms of eggs so that they can sit flat. Cut each egg in half crosswise. Transfer yolks to large bowl.
Into yolks, mash mayonnaise, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Stir in pepper, carrot, cornichons, and dill until well mixed.
Spoon rounded teaspoon of yolk mixture into each egg-white half. Place on serving platter; garnish with dill. Eggs can be made up to 1 day ahead, then covered and refrigerated.
Yield: 12 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 8 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 14 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 11 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs 22 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Chicago airports rank poorly for on-time departures 58 min ago
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to...
11 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
8 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
14 min ago