Recipe courtesy Good Housekeeping, 2012
Deviled eggs are a great appetizer at parties and this recipe is particularly easy!
12 large eggs
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons very finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill leaves, plus leaves for garnish
Place eggs in 4-quart saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Heat to boiling on high, cover with lid, and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Under running water, peel off shells and discard.
Trim the tops and bottoms of eggs so that they can sit flat. Cut each egg in half crosswise. Transfer yolks to large bowl.
Into yolks, mash mayonnaise, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Stir in pepper, carrot, cornichons, and dill until well mixed.
Spoon rounded teaspoon of yolk mixture into each egg-white half. Place on serving platter; garnish with dill. Eggs can be made up to 1 day ahead, then covered and refrigerated.
Yield: 12 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 54 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 22 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- St. Patrick's Day Family Party
3 min ago