Recipe courtesy Good Housekeeping, 2012
Deviled eggs are a great appetizer at parties and this recipe is particularly easy!
12 large eggs
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped red pepper
1/4 cup very finely chopped carrot
2 tablespoons very finely chopped cornichons or dill pickles
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill leaves, plus leaves for garnish
Place eggs in 4-quart saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Heat to boiling on high, cover with lid, and remove from heat. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Under running water, peel off shells and discard.
Trim the tops and bottoms of eggs so that they can sit flat. Cut each egg in half crosswise. Transfer yolks to large bowl.
Into yolks, mash mayonnaise, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth. Stir in pepper, carrot, cornichons, and dill until well mixed.
Spoon rounded teaspoon of yolk mixture into each egg-white half. Place on serving platter; garnish with dill. Eggs can be made up to 1 day ahead, then covered and refrigerated.
Yield: 12 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand