Recipe courtesy Good Housekeeping, 2012
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 small white onion, finely diced
1 pound ground turkey
For the spicy raspberry glaze: Combine the butter and garlic over medium heat in a small saucepan and cook until the butter is fully melted, about 2 minutes. Add the jam, cayenne, vinegar and chile powder. Cook 2 minutes longer and sprinkle with salt. Pour half of the glaze into a bowl. Keep the other half of the glaze warming in the small saucepot.
For the turkey lollipops: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk together the egg, parsley, salt, sage and cayenne in a small bowl. Add the panko, garlic and onions to the mixture and blend to combine. Mix in the turkey, using your hands, until just combined. Do not over mix; this will result in tough meatballs.
Form the turkey mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on a parchment-lined cooking sheet. Brush the meatballs with half of the spicy raspberry glaze from the bowl. Bake the meatballs until cooked through and slightly firm to touch, about 12 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, brush the meatballs with the warmed glaze.
Garnish the meatballs with cocktail skewers for serving.
Yield: 4 servings, about 24 meatballs
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos