Recipe courtesy Good Housekeeping, 2012
2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 small white onion, finely diced
1 pound ground turkey
For the spicy raspberry glaze: Combine the butter and garlic over medium heat in a small saucepan and cook until the butter is fully melted, about 2 minutes. Add the jam, cayenne, vinegar and chile powder. Cook 2 minutes longer and sprinkle with salt. Pour half of the glaze into a bowl. Keep the other half of the glaze warming in the small saucepot.
For the turkey lollipops: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Whisk together the egg, parsley, salt, sage and cayenne in a small bowl. Add the panko, garlic and onions to the mixture and blend to combine. Mix in the turkey, using your hands, until just combined. Do not over mix; this will result in tough meatballs.
Form the turkey mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on a parchment-lined cooking sheet. Brush the meatballs with half of the spicy raspberry glaze from the bowl. Bake the meatballs until cooked through and slightly firm to touch, about 12 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, brush the meatballs with the warmed glaze.
Garnish the meatballs with cocktail skewers for serving.
Yield: 4 servings, about 24 meatballs
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 24 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 34 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 13 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
24 min ago