Indian Independence Day; Tandoori Chicken recipe
January 26, 2013 (WLS) -- Saturday, January 26, 2013, marks India's Republic Day. On this day in 1950, the Declaration of Indian Independence was passed.
Since Chicagoans love to eat, and Indian food is a favorite, we brought Executive Chef Ahmed Mirza Baig and Ahmed Irfan Khan, President & CEO, Taaza2U (http://taaza2u.com/), into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make a traditional Indian dish.
Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs Chicken Leg quarters
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon mace powder
- 1 table spoon Lemon juice
- 3 table spoons yogurt
- 2 table spoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
1. Combine everything into a bowl and thoroughly mix it.
2. Score the Chicken Leg quarters and place it in the bowl with the marinade.
3. Pre-heating oven or grill to medium high.
4. Place the chicken cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes per side.
5. Serve it with Tandoori Bread or Basmati Rice.
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook 19 min ago
- 3-year old killed in North Side fire 26 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Carly Rousso trial date set for fatal DUI crash 42 min ago
- Quarry to resume operations following McCook earthquake 18 min ago
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 4 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death