Let's Dish: Pinto Bean Stew
Cooking with beans is a great idea, both from nutrition and a health standpoint.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into small dice
1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
1 15 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup cilantro, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onion and red pepper in olive oil over high heat until softened (about 8 minutes).
2. Add corn and pinto beans. Continue cooking until the corn and beans are hot (about 4 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents 22 min ago
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting 39 min ago
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap 59 min ago
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos