Let's Dish: Pinto Bean Stew
Cooking with beans is a great idea, both from nutrition and a health standpoint.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into small dice
1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
1 15 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup cilantro, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onion and red pepper in olive oil over high heat until softened (about 8 minutes).
2. Add corn and pinto beans. Continue cooking until the corn and beans are hot (about 4 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 43 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 39 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates 8 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
43 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
47 min ago