Let's Dish: Pinto Bean Stew
Cooking with beans is a great idea, both from nutrition and a health standpoint.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red onion, cut into quarters and thinly sliced
1 red pepper, cut into small dice
1 cup frozen corn kernels (thawed)
1 15 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup cilantro, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onion and red pepper in olive oil over high heat until softened (about 8 minutes).
2. Add corn and pinto beans. Continue cooking until the corn and beans are hot (about 4 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 9 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial 24 min ago
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking 33 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 20 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Photos: Semi overturns, dumps beads on Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Spring-like day followed by snow
9 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by...
40 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
24 min ago