Let's Dish: Green Beans
Just by adding a couple ingredients to green beans, it really spices up this dish that goes great with just about anything!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
12 oz. Green beans, preferably the smaller variety known as haricots verts
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water. When tender, remove beans from the water and plunge into ice water. Remove from ice water and reserve.
2. When needed, cook garlic in olive oil in a saute pan.
3. Add beans and peppers and continue cooking until they are heated through.
4. Add basil. Toss and serve.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 5 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 37 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
5 min ago