Let's Dish: Green Beans
Just by adding a couple ingredients to green beans, it really spices up this dish that goes great with just about anything!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
12 oz. Green beans, preferably the smaller variety known as haricots verts
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water. When tender, remove beans from the water and plunge into ice water. Remove from ice water and reserve.
2. When needed, cook garlic in olive oil in a saute pan.
3. Add beans and peppers and continue cooking until they are heated through.
4. Add basil. Toss and serve.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship