Let's Dish: Green Beans
Just by adding a couple ingredients to green beans, it really spices up this dish that goes great with just about anything!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
12 oz. Green beans, preferably the smaller variety known as haricots verts
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water. When tender, remove beans from the water and plunge into ice water. Remove from ice water and reserve.
2. When needed, cook garlic in olive oil in a saute pan.
3. Add beans and peppers and continue cooking until they are heated through.
4. Add basil. Toss and serve.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates