Let's Dish: Green Beans
Just by adding a couple ingredients to green beans, it really spices up this dish that goes great with just about anything!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
12 oz. Green beans, preferably the smaller variety known as haricots verts
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water. When tender, remove beans from the water and plunge into ice water. Remove from ice water and reserve.
2. When needed, cook garlic in olive oil in a saute pan.
3. Add beans and peppers and continue cooking until they are heated through.
4. Add basil. Toss and serve.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Panetta Memorial Day Parade's grand marshal
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- County jail lice outbreak prompts isolation 13 min ago
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups 16 min ago
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards 39 min ago
- Maria's final class graduating 43 min ago
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 tests alternate Red Line route
30 min ago