Let's Dish: Green Beans
Just by adding a couple ingredients to green beans, it really spices up this dish that goes great with just about anything!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
12 oz. Green beans, preferably the smaller variety known as haricots verts
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 roasted red peppers, peeled and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water. When tender, remove beans from the water and plunge into ice water. Remove from ice water and reserve.
2. When needed, cook garlic in olive oil in a saute pan.
3. Add beans and peppers and continue cooking until they are heated through.
4. Add basil. Toss and serve.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 3 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 58 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 42 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 8 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 23 min ago
- 7 in :77