Let's Dish: Kale Salad
Kale is one of those super veggies, really healthy and inexpensive.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
16 oz. curly kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 clementine's, peeled and segmented
1 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. De-stem and wash kale. Dry kale very well either in a salad spinner or blotted on a paper towel. 2. Slice kale thinly and place in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice and salt on kale.
4. Massage the kale gently for about 2-3 minutes or until kale has deflated by roughly half.
5. Toss in the Clementine segments and the hazelnuts.
6. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat completely.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials 34 min ago
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign 9 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
53 min ago