Let's Dish: Kale Salad
Kale is one of those super veggies, really healthy and inexpensive.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
16 oz. curly kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 clementine's, peeled and segmented
1 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. De-stem and wash kale. Dry kale very well either in a salad spinner or blotted on a paper towel. 2. Slice kale thinly and place in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice and salt on kale.
4. Massage the kale gently for about 2-3 minutes or until kale has deflated by roughly half.
5. Toss in the Clementine segments and the hazelnuts.
6. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat completely.
- Spring-like day followed by snow 2 min ago
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 8 min ago
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute