Let's Dish: Kale Salad
Kale is one of those super veggies, really healthy and inexpensive.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
16 oz. curly kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
4 clementine's, peeled and segmented
1 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
1. De-stem and wash kale. Dry kale very well either in a salad spinner or blotted on a paper towel. 2. Slice kale thinly and place in a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle olive oil, lemon juice and salt on kale.
4. Massage the kale gently for about 2-3 minutes or until kale has deflated by roughly half.
5. Toss in the Clementine segments and the hazelnuts.
6. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat completely.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 42 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos