Billie Holiday Tribute
February 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In celebration of Black History Month, Porchlight Music Theatre in Chicago is honoring one of the greatest recording artists from the world of jazz, Billie Holiday.
"Lady Day at Emerson's Bar & Grill" stars Alexis Rogers as Billie Holiday. It's 1959 in a small bar in Philadelphia. Around midnight, the lights go down and the show of a lifetime begins. Witness one of last performances of the world's greatest chanteuse, Miss Billie Holiday, intimately given four months before the passing of this tragic musical superstar. With her stellar jazz trio, she revisits her life, loves and losses in more than a dozen quintessential, thrilling and gut-wrenching numbers. It's a salty, sensual, often humorous, and always riveting portrait of the legendary lady and her legacy of music.
Production is going on Fridays at 8PM, Saturday's 4PM & 8PM and Sundays at 2PM through March 10 at Stage 773, 1225 West Belmont Ave, Chicago.
Groups of 10 or more may receive discounts on tickets purchased via the groups sales office 773-777-9884 or 773-327-5252
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD