Chilean Salmon with Champagne Sauce
Chef Julius Russell
(2) 5oz filets of Chilean salmon (skin removed to be used later)
1 lemon (juiced & zested )
2 small sprigs of fresh dill
3/4 cup brut champagne
1 small shallot (diced)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp lavender
2Tb Chilean olive oil
Chef Julius' Salt Blend
Chef Julius' Pepper Blend
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and place the salmon skin on it. Bake for 15 min. Remove and set aside.
Place a saute pan on medium/high heat for 1-2minutes
Add 1 tablespoon of Chilean Olive oil. Allow to heat for 1 min more
Season the salmon with Chef Julius' Salt, Pepper and a pinch of the lemon zest
Place into hot pan, flesh side down. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 min.
DO NOT FLIP!!
Place salmon into the 400 degree oven and roast for 10 minutes.
While salmon is roasting, place a saucepan on medium heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon of Chilean olive oil. Heat the oil for 1 minute more.
Add the shallots and using a wooden spoon, sweat/sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with Chef Julius' Salt and Pepper.
Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and allow it to reduce for 1 minute.
Slowly add the champagne. This will bubble initially then it will simmer down. Allow the champagne to reduce for about 5 minutes. Then start adding the cream.
To add the cream, slowly stir the mixture as it is going in. This should come to a high simmer, not a rolling boil. If it's boiling, turn down the flame.
Grab a small whisk and add the mustard. Whisk until the mustard has been completely incorporated into the sauce mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Continue to reduce until the sauce has the desired consistency. It is at this point when some add a tablespoon of chilled unsalted butter.
Remove sauce from the flame and add a pinch of lavender. Be sure to pinch it before adding to the sauce.
Remove the salmon from the oven. Using a fish spatula, turn so the seared side is exposed on the plate.
Spoon a small amount of the sauce onto the fish. Garnish with some of the dill and lemon zest and ENJOY!
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured 50 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Panetta Memorial Day Parade's grand marshal 16 min ago
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook 15 min ago
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons 13 min ago
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
55 min ago
- ABC7 tests alternate Red Line route
53 min ago
- Wounded Warrior Project Events
21 min ago