Chicago Best WingFest
February 17, 2013 (WLS) -- Every year, one event raises thousands for charity in one of the tastiest ways possible: Chicago's Best WingFest.
It takes place on Sunday, February 24, 2013. Participating establishments may enter wings into two of the following categories: Mild Wings, Hot Wings, BBQ Wings and Exotic Wings.
To date, WingFest has raised more than $135,000 for charities. This year, the beneficiary is Chicago Neighbors United (www.chicnu.org/), a community-based organization that provides educational scholarships to inner city youth.
Matt Kubinski , spokesperson for WingFest, and Ivy Carthen, Chef for The Cubby Bear, came into our ABC7 studio kitchen to tell us what to expect and to show us how to make great wings yourself at home.
14th Annual Chicago's Best WingFest (www.WingFest.net)
Sunday, February 24, 2013
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
1340 West Washington
Attendees must be at least 21
Chef Ivy Carthen Recipe: Jalapeno Butter Wings
3 lbs fresh chicken wings
2 cups unsalted butter
7 fresh jalapeño chiles, finely chopped
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 cups of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
8 cups of vegetable oil for deep frying
Get the pan and oil medium heat.
In a separate pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
Stir in the jalapeño chilies, granulated garlic, cayenne, hot sauces and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Over medium heat fry the chicken wings for about 6 minutes.
Remove from the grease toss with the jalapeño hot sauce mixture, and serve immediately.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
- Program Note: Expanded World News tonight 6 min ago
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder 13 min ago
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 dolphins pregnant at Brookfield Zoo
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- Lunch Break 05-21-13
25 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos