Chicago Best WingFest
February 17, 2013 (WLS) -- Every year, one event raises thousands for charity in one of the tastiest ways possible: Chicago's Best WingFest.
It takes place on Sunday, February 24, 2013. Participating establishments may enter wings into two of the following categories: Mild Wings, Hot Wings, BBQ Wings and Exotic Wings.
To date, WingFest has raised more than $135,000 for charities. This year, the beneficiary is Chicago Neighbors United (www.chicnu.org/), a community-based organization that provides educational scholarships to inner city youth.
Matt Kubinski , spokesperson for WingFest, and Ivy Carthen, Chef for The Cubby Bear, came into our ABC7 studio kitchen to tell us what to expect and to show us how to make great wings yourself at home.
14th Annual Chicago's Best WingFest (www.WingFest.net)
Sunday, February 24, 2013
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
1340 West Washington
Attendees must be at least 21
Chef Ivy Carthen Recipe: Jalapeno Butter Wings
3 lbs fresh chicken wings
2 cups unsalted butter
7 fresh jalapeño chiles, finely chopped
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 cups of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
1 tsp cayenne pepper
8 cups of vegetable oil for deep frying
Get the pan and oil medium heat.
In a separate pan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
Stir in the jalapeño chilies, granulated garlic, cayenne, hot sauces and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Over medium heat fry the chicken wings for about 6 minutes.
Remove from the grease toss with the jalapeño hot sauce mixture, and serve immediately.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 10 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 55 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
10 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos