Common Threads World Festival Chicago at Soldier Field, March 4-6
March 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Common Threads' 7th Annual World Festival at Soldier Field features dishes specially prepared by many of Chicago's top chefs, including Lockwood Restaurant's Executive Chef Joseph Rose.
Common Threads is celebrating its 10th anniversary of educating families and communities about the importance of healthy food choices through the power of cooking. Founded in 2003 by celebrated chef and restaurateur Art Smith and his partner, artist Jesus Salgueiro, Common Threads has been teaching school-based nutrition and health education programs in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Palo Alto and Washington D.C. for 10 years. Common Threads mission is to turn the tide against childhood obesity in underserved communities where children are at a greater risk of becoming overweight and developing serious health conditions.
Common Threads World Festival March 4, 6 - 8 p.m.
1410 Museum Campus Dr.
General Admission Tickets: $250
Lockwood Restaurant and Bar
17 E Monroe
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video