Common Threads World Festival Chicago at Soldier Field, March 4-6
March 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Common Threads' 7th Annual World Festival at Soldier Field features dishes specially prepared by many of Chicago's top chefs, including Lockwood Restaurant's Executive Chef Joseph Rose.
Common Threads is celebrating its 10th anniversary of educating families and communities about the importance of healthy food choices through the power of cooking. Founded in 2003 by celebrated chef and restaurateur Art Smith and his partner, artist Jesus Salgueiro, Common Threads has been teaching school-based nutrition and health education programs in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Palo Alto and Washington D.C. for 10 years. Common Threads mission is to turn the tide against childhood obesity in underserved communities where children are at a greater risk of becoming overweight and developing serious health conditions.
Common Threads World Festival March 4, 6 - 8 p.m.
1410 Museum Campus Dr.
General Admission Tickets: $250
Lockwood Restaurant and Bar
17 E Monroe
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home