Common Threads World Festival Chicago at Soldier Field, March 4-6
March 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Common Threads' 7th Annual World Festival at Soldier Field features dishes specially prepared by many of Chicago's top chefs, including Lockwood Restaurant's Executive Chef Joseph Rose.
Common Threads is celebrating its 10th anniversary of educating families and communities about the importance of healthy food choices through the power of cooking. Founded in 2003 by celebrated chef and restaurateur Art Smith and his partner, artist Jesus Salgueiro, Common Threads has been teaching school-based nutrition and health education programs in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Palo Alto and Washington D.C. for 10 years. Common Threads mission is to turn the tide against childhood obesity in underserved communities where children are at a greater risk of becoming overweight and developing serious health conditions.
Common Threads World Festival March 4, 6 - 8 p.m.
1410 Museum Campus Dr.
General Admission Tickets: $250
Lockwood Restaurant and Bar
17 E Monroe
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 4 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 48 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds