Let's Dish: Green Chili
March 9, 2013 (WLS) -- What's better on a cold winter day than a cup of steaming hot chili? How about a twist on the usual. Chris Koetke, host of "Let's Dish" on the "Live Well Network," has a recipe for a green chili.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (http://livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Green Chili
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 55 minutes Serves: 6
2 tablespoons olive oil 1 medium onion, diced 4 poblano peppers (about 1 lb.), seeded and thinly sliced 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced 6 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon dried oregano ½ teaspoon ground cumin 1 lb. trimmed pork shoulder cut into small dice 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth 16 oz. baby spinach ½ cup chopped cilantro plus more for garnish Rice, tortilla chips, sliced green onions and small cubes of pepper jack cheese for garnish
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion, poblano peppers, and jalapeno peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and cumin and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pork and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the pinto beans and chicken broth.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thick and the meat is tender, about 35-40 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and cilantro and simmer until just tender, about 2-4 minutes.
7. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
8. Serve with rice, tortilla chips green onions, and pepper jack cheese on the side.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 41 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 49 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
43 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
46 min ago
- Newsviews: I-DOT Road Construction
4 min ago