Award-winning wings from Chicago WingFest, Tap House Grill
March 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Last month, the sold-out 14th Annual Chicago WingFest brought out more than 2,000 Chicago area chicken wing lovers for a fierce wing-eating extravaganza.
More than 45,000 chicken wings were consumed in Bailey Auditorium in the West Loop during Chicago WingFest, wingfest.net where Tap House Grill, Gators Wing Shack and Mahoney's Pub & Grille were crowned first place winners and two individuals, one male and one female, were crowned "Lord of the Wings".
- Here are the winners:
- BEST OF THE FEST: Tap House Grill taphousegrills.com
- BEST MILD WING: Gators Wing Shack
- BEST HOT WING: Mahoney's Pub & Grille
- BEST BBQ WING: Mahoney's Pub & Grille
- BEST EXOTIC WING: Tap House Grill
Tap House Fire Cracker Sauce
- 1 25 FL oz Bottle of Thai Style Chile Sauce
- 6oz Sriracha Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Tap House Tap Out Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sliced Scallions
Combine all ingredients in a bowl a mix well to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and store in the refrigerator.
Toss 4 oz of sauce in a clean bowl with fried wings.
Serve with ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Sprinkle scallions on top before serving.
Tap House Tap Out Sauce
- 3 Cups Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Habanero Peppers
- 2 Cups Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 1/4 oz Ghost Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 5 Pounds Fresh Jumbo Chicken Wings
NOTE: USE GLOVES WHEN TOUCHING THE PEPPERS
Remove stems from habaneros, scotch bonnets and ghost peppers. Place habaneros and bonnets on the grill and blacken.
Place ghost peppers in a small sauce pot with orange juice and reduce until almost dry.
Place blackened peppers, pepper orange juice mixture and hot sauce in a blender and puree.
Fry wings until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is met.
Toss 4 oz of sauce in a clean bowl with fried wings until well coated.
Serve with your choice of Bleu Cheese or Ranch dipping sauce.
- Bitter cold expected to last through weekend 53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Weekender Saturday Edition 12-7-13
39 min ago
- Let's Dish: Chocolate Crepes
22 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through weekend
53 min ago