Guinness Steak for St. Patrick's Day for 'Let's Dish'
March 16, 2013 (WLS) -- On St. Patrick's Day, the Guinness will surely be flowing. So how about cooking with it?
Chris Koetke, host of "Let's Dish" on the "Live Well Network," has a recipe for a marinated steak with Guinness. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (http://livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Guinness Steak
Prep Time: 20 minutes (plus up to 24 hours marinating time)
Cooking time: 8-12 minutes (depending on desired doneness and thickness of steak)
1 cup onion finely minced
2 Tablespoons oil
2 cups Guinness (the rest is for you!)
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons sugar
¼ teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon molasses
4 - 8 to 10 oz. New York strip steaks, external fat removed
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan, over moderate heat, sauté onions in oil until lightly browned.
2. Add Guinness, thyme, sugar, soy sauce, and molasses. Stir and bring to a rolling boil and reduce until it is half the original volume. Let cool.
3. Add steaks, marinate covered in the refrigerator for 24 hours before grilling. Remove steak from marinade, pat dry, rub with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Grill until desired doneness
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 3 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus 44 min ago