Let's Dish: Coconut Macaroons
March 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Making your own macaroons is easy to do and is certainly cheaper than buying them at the store.
When eaten fresh, they are also so much more delicious! Chris Koetke, host of "Let's Dish" on the "Live Well Network," has a recipe to make these sweet treats right at home. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network (livewellnetwork.com/index).
Recipe for Coconut Ginger Macaroons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 36 cookies
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (16 oz.)
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ cup finely chopped candied ginger
4 large eggs
1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, coconut, ginger, and flour.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until well beaten. Add eggs to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
3. Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to spoon the batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Leave about an inch between macaroons in all directions.
4. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown but still moist inside.
5. Place the macaroons on a rack to cool.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 8 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 5 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy 54 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 51 min ago
- 7 in :77