Let's Dish: Marinated Olives
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- For a nice compliment to your next party, try Let's Dish host Chris Koetke's recipe for marinated olives.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Serves: 3 1/2 cups of olives
3 cups mixed green and black olives (highest quality available)
Zest of 1 small orange
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoons crushed red peppers
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 cup finely diced fennel bulb
1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
Fennel fronds for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to allow the flavors meld.
3. Stir the olives occasionally to keep the marinade evenly distributed.
4. Just before serving, garnish the dish with fennel fronds.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos