Let's Dish: Marinated Olives
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- For a nice compliment to your next party, try Let's Dish host Chris Koetke's recipe for marinated olives.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Serves: 3 1/2 cups of olives
3 cups mixed green and black olives (highest quality available)
Zest of 1 small orange
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoons crushed red peppers
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 cup finely diced fennel bulb
1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
Fennel fronds for garnish
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to allow the flavors meld.
3. Stir the olives occasionally to keep the marinade evenly distributed.
4. Just before serving, garnish the dish with fennel fronds.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD