Let's Dish: Bourbon Bread Pudding
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Live Well Network host Chris Koetke shares his variation on an inexpensive and yummy dessert, the classic bread pudding
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 1/4 hours
2 teaspoons orange zest
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons molasses
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Bourbon
1/2 cup pecan pieces
2 cups French bread, cut into cubes
1. Preheat oven to 300F.
2. In a bowl, mix orange zest, sugar, molasses, eggs, vanilla, and Bourbon until the sugar is dissolved. Add milk and mix until incorporated.
3. Add bread to the custard mixture. Mix and let rest for 20 minutes to allow the bread time to soak up the custard.
4. Ladle bread pudding into 4, 6-oz custard cups.
5. Place cups in a 9" x 13" pan. Fill pan with 1 1/2 inches of warm water. Carefully place in oven and bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until firm.
6. Remove pan from oven and remove cups from the water. Serve warm with plenty of whipped cream.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 25 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders 27 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 35 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 23 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 20 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant 17 min ago
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape 20 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
25 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos