Let's Dish: Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Easter season is in full swing, and you're probably inundated with Easter eggs! Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show Let's Dish, has just the recipe for all those leftover eggs.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
1/2 cup sour cream
14 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped dill
4 oz. salmon (cut 16 1/4" strips of salmon and reserve to use for garnish)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 capers, drained
16 sprigs of Dill
1. Put eggs in a large saucepan. Cover eggs with cold water so that the eggs are covered by 1". Bring eggs to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
2. Drain the eggs and run under cold water until fully cooled.
3. Peel eggs.
4. Cut eggs in half lengthwise with dental floss.
5. Mince the salmon excluding the strips for garnish.
6. Carefully scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Add the sour cream, mustard, chives, dill, minced salmon, salt and pepper. Mix well.
7. Put mixture into a piping bag. Pipe into the egg white halves.
8. Top each egg with a strip of salmon, a caper, and a sprig of dill.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos