Let's Dish: Teriyaki Turkey Burger
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Making turkey burgers is a great strategy for low fat eating, but sometimes lacks some flavor, but we're going to solve that with this citrus teriyaki burger recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1/2 tsp. zest, orange
1 tbsp. garlic, fresh, crushed
2 tsp. shallots, minced
1 tbsp. ginger root, fresh, minced
1/2 tsp. pepper, jalapeno, minced
3 1/3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 tsp. juice, lime
1 tsp. honey
1 1/4 pounds ground raw turkey
2 tbsp. onions, yellow, raw, minced
1 egg white, beaten
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Sriracha sauce, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions to serve on buns with burgers
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Divide into equal portions and form into patties.
2. Saute burgers in a hot sauté pan with a small amount of oil. They will cook for about a total of 10 minutes. They should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and be firm to the touch when done.
3. Serve on buns with sriracha, tomato, green onions, and lettuce.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 3 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 46 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 2 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 26 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 13 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 21 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash 25 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
3 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
46 min ago