Let's Dish: Teriyaki Turkey Burger
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Making turkey burgers is a great strategy for low fat eating, but sometimes lacks some flavor, but we're going to solve that with this citrus teriyaki burger recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1/2 tsp. zest, orange
1 tbsp. garlic, fresh, crushed
2 tsp. shallots, minced
1 tbsp. ginger root, fresh, minced
1/2 tsp. pepper, jalapeno, minced
3 1/3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 tsp. juice, lime
1 tsp. honey
1 1/4 pounds ground raw turkey
2 tbsp. onions, yellow, raw, minced
1 egg white, beaten
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
Sriracha sauce, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions to serve on buns with burgers
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Divide into equal portions and form into patties.
2. Saute burgers in a hot sauté pan with a small amount of oil. They will cook for about a total of 10 minutes. They should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer and be firm to the touch when done.
3. Serve on buns with sriracha, tomato, green onions, and lettuce.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night 15 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting 40 min ago
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party 53 min ago
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots 27 min ago
- Swimming pools upgrade project moving forward 9 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
19 min ago