Let's Dish: Red Pepper Goat Cheese Potatoes
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Looking for a new side dish for your Easter table? Try spicing up the usual mashed potatoes with Chris Koetke's variation. The Live Well Network host shares his recipe for red pepper and goat cheese mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 lbs. peeled Russet potatoes, cut into a large dice
1 1/2 cups hot milk
2 red peppers, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced green onions
3 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
6 oz. fresh goat cheese, room temperature
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepot and cover in cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a steady boil and cook until the potatoes are very tender.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, sauté red peppers in olive oil until very soft.
3. Drain potatoes in a colander. Allow to drain until completely dry. Return to the pot and mash while steaming hot. (If the potatoes are not mashed while totally hot, they risk becoming irreversibly gluey.)
4. Add hot milk into potatoes and stir to combine. Add green onions, butter, salt, chile powder, and goat cheese. Stir until incorporated. Fold in reserved red peppers and serve.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 36 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 32 min ago
- 7 in 77