Let's Dish: Strawberry Butter
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, shares a recipe for an all-purpose butter that is not only delicious, but also has a beautiful pink hue, thanks to the added strawberries!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 1 cup
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup finely diced strawberries
1. Place butter in a food processor until well softened. Process until smooth scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Add diced ¾ cup strawberries, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice. Pulse until strawberries are incorporated into the butter.
3. Remove butter from food processor and stir in remaining ¼ cup finely diced strawberries.
4. Place the strawberry butter into a serving bowl or ramekin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. This butter will last for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
5. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving so that the strawberry butter can come to room temperature.
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement 18 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday 40 min ago
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS 29 min ago
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos