Let's Dish: Strawberry Butter
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish, shares a recipe for an all-purpose butter that is not only delicious, but also has a beautiful pink hue, thanks to the added strawberries!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 1 cup
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup finely diced strawberries
1. Place butter in a food processor until well softened. Process until smooth scraping down the sides as needed.
2. Add diced ¾ cup strawberries, honey, cinnamon and lemon juice. Pulse until strawberries are incorporated into the butter.
3. Remove butter from food processor and stir in remaining ¼ cup finely diced strawberries.
4. Place the strawberry butter into a serving bowl or ramekin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. This butter will last for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
5. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to serving so that the strawberry butter can come to room temperature.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 44 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 10 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 16 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 21 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
24 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
44 min ago