Let's Dish: Braised Chicken
April 1, 2013 (WLS) -- Chris Koetke, host of the Live Well Network show, Let's Dish has a hearty one-pot meal that slowly braises together chicken thighs, peppers, and fingerling potatoes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
6 chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 large green peppers, seeded and sliced thinly (about 1 lb.)
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 teaspoons dried chili
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 lb. fingerling potatoes, halved
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat olive oil in stockpot.
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Sear them on both sides in the hot oil.
3. Add garlic, peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, and broth.
4. Stir in spices.
5. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77