Let's Dish: Healthy Fruit Milkshakes
May 1, 2013 (WLS) -- For an after school snack that is both sweet and healthy, try Let's Dish host Chris Koetke's recipe for healthy fruit milkshakes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup no or reduced fat vanilla ice cream (You can also experiment with different flavors of ice cream!)
5 oz. frozen strawberries (a good heaping cup)
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
Several drops lemon juice
Honey to taste
Fresh berries to garnish the sides of the glasses
1. In a blender, process milk and sugar together to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except fresh berries for garnish) and process until thick and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can wait a bit for it to melt, and also turn off the blender and stir things up a bit.
3. Taste for sweetness. If you want it sweeter, add some honey.
4. Pour into glasses and garnish the rim of the glasses with fresh berries such as strawberries split in half without cutting through the hull.
To make a peach shake, replace the berries with 10 oz. frozen peaches.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 2 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos