Let's Dish: Healthy Fruit Milkshakes
May 1, 2013 (WLS) -- For an after school snack that is both sweet and healthy, try Let's Dish host Chris Koetke's recipe for healthy fruit milkshakes!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup no or reduced fat vanilla ice cream (You can also experiment with different flavors of ice cream!)
5 oz. frozen strawberries (a good heaping cup)
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
Several drops lemon juice
Honey to taste
Fresh berries to garnish the sides of the glasses
1. In a blender, process milk and sugar together to dissolve the sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except fresh berries for garnish) and process until thick and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, you can wait a bit for it to melt, and also turn off the blender and stir things up a bit.
3. Taste for sweetness. If you want it sweeter, add some honey.
4. Pour into glasses and garnish the rim of the glasses with fresh berries such as strawberries split in half without cutting through the hull.
To make a peach shake, replace the berries with 10 oz. frozen peaches.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robbery suspect sought by FBI
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked 28 min ago
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Making Your Own Candy Canes
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area